Topic: Multimedia Keys - Can You Disable Them On A Laptop?

Hi everyone,

I have received a reply from the Giggles team and have been informed that the reason why my 1 year old boy can still access the rest of my computer is because my laptop has 'multimedia keys'. 

My question is...does anyone know how I can disable these keys?  I could buy a separate keyboard but my boy loves the laptop and I think he will just try and get to the laptop keyboard, so I don't think that will work.

I use a Evesham Voyager laptop, which has Windows Vista software. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone who knows how to do this could let me know how to.

Thanks ever so much!

Hazel.

Re: Multimedia Keys - Can You Disable Them On A Laptop?

Hi - as a follow up to our email conversation, I would suggest looking in the Control Panels section of your computer to see if there are any controls allowing you to turn off the extra buttons that the laptop has (non-standard keys/buttons). Because it has the extra buttons, it may also contain controls for assigning those to certain functions and/or completely disabling them.

Ultimately, your best bet is still probably to use an external keyboard. It is worth to $10 to grab one on the internet to see how he likes it. You may find that he likes the full size normal keyboard even better.

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Re: Multimedia Keys - Can You Disable Them On A Laptop?

Yeah,i totally agree with this post. By the way,i hope by now you already have disabled those keys...Any updates? Thanks!

Regards,
bratinell