Topic: Installation impossible - Chinese character

Hi There,

My PC has Chinese characters. When I try to install your software Giggles Animals from the CD Rom to my PC, the path to the Program Files is automatically selected for me and I cannot change it.
Unfortunately, when the install program finds such a character it triggers the following error message:
The file name cnnot contain the following characters..
and stops the install process.

Can you please tell me how I can do this?

Thank you

Regards

YiChun

Re: Installation impossible - Chinese character

Hi,

We do not currently support installing the program on a computer with a different character set. Our program needs to know the location of the installation in order to operate correctly, this is why you cannot change the path to the installation location manually.

The only solution that I can think of right now is to change the character set over to Latin, install the program on to your computer, and then change it back to the Chinese character set. Let me know if you give this a try and if it works at all.

Best Regards,
Tim

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Thanks for your reply, but this would not work, as the special characters must be somewhere on the path defined in your installation file.
If you could kindly give me that path, I'd try to modify the filename that corrupts the installation and remove any dubious character. I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

YiChun

The program is installed at:

\Program Files\Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby\Giggles-My Animal Friends\Giggles Baby - My Animal Friends.exe

But this will likely not solve your problem because the installer does perform some other duties when installing. I cannot tell you what those are because they are anti-piracy and security measures to assure the program has been installed from an original Giggles Baby installation CD.

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Thanks a lot

Have a good day

Regards, YiChun