Topic: Simple Finder

On a computer running Mac OS X 10.5, I have 2 accounts- An admin user and child user set up w/ parental controls. When administering parental controls, in the Simple Finder settings, I am able to select Giggles (Animals, Shapes, Halloween) from the list, but when logged in as a the managed user, the items do not appear in "My Applications"

I have installed a little program/ application launcher called DockTop to circumvent this annoying issue, and further limit the user by hiding the Finder and giving them a very small subset of Applications to use.

Please otherwise advise

Last edited by Giggles Support (Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:57 pm)

Re: Simple Finder

Hi,

I have removed your link to the other software as we get people trying to promote their products in our forums, which we obviously do not allow.

Using the other software should be completely unnecessary. All you need to do is place the Giggles programs in the "Shared" user folder and you should then have access to them from the Managed Account.

But I cannot guarantee full compatibility with your computer when you install additional 3rd party utilities that change the way the operating system and/or Finder (or Finder items) operate. I would suggest removing any 3rd party apps that are changing the Finder and operating system, and/or it's standard way of working to avoid any future issues or conflicts.

Let me know if you have any further difficulties or if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Best,
Tim

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]