Topic: This program cannot find the required components to run properly

I received this message on my Windows 7 box but was able to install and run with success on my Windows XP SP3 box. I am trying to install the downloaded version. I had previously ran the demo version on this box successfully.

Steps I have taken to resolve the issue - Issue resolved - See 3rd Post for Resolution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installed Screen Saver first - Install hung at finish screen - Screen saver does not work
Normal install - Received missing components message
Uninstalled Screen Saver
Uninstalled Giggles Baby Shapes
Reinstall using Admin Privileges both Screen Saver and Shapes - Received missing components message
Changed compatibility to Run as Admin - Received missing components message
Uninstalled Screen Saver
Uninstalled Giggles Baby Shapes
Reinstall using Admin Privileges both Screen Saver and Shapes
Changed compatibility to Run as Admin and run as Win XP SP3 - Received missing components message
------> Started Windows XP SP3 Box and installed there, both screen saver and Giggles Baby Shapes run Successfully

Any ideas? Are all registry entries removed on Uninstall? Should I be looking there next?

Thanks much!
~Josh Tollefson

Last edited by jtollefson (Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 pm)

Re: This program cannot find the required components to run properly

Hi,

Windows Vista and Windows 7 can be very tricky to get programs installed properly in to, and you may also need to update your program to our most current version with our free Vista Updater available on our website. I apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing but I'm confident we can get it working for you. The best bet for you at this time is to start over by following the steps outlined below:

1) Navigate to the Giggles directory within your Start Menu and choose to Uninstall the program completely.
2) After the program is completely uninstalled, restart your computer.
3) Place the original install CD into the drive (or launch the Main program setup file if you downloaded from our website) and install the program on your computer. At the end of the install, be sure that the "launch" program button is UNCHECKED. After quitting the installer, DO NOT try to launch or open the program yet.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Download the Windows Vista/Windows 7 Updater for the Giggles program you own from our website at http://www.giggles.net/downloads.php  (Be sure to choose "save as..." and save the file to your desktop - you cannot "run" it from our website).  After downloading the updater, you'll need to run that updater and it will install the update on your computer. When that is complete, make sure the "launch" button is not checked if you see one, and do not try to launch the program yet after quitting the installer.
6) Restart your computer.

Everything should now function as expected and the program should work from this point forward. Let me know if you have and further difficulties.

Best,
Tim

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Re: This program cannot find the required components to run properly

Downloading the Vista Updater and then running it resolved my issue.

I uninstalled and then resintalled without restarting, checked to make sure no errant processes or DLL's were leftover from the previous run and then ran the Vista Updater.

Once restarted (which is suggested in the Vista Updater) I was able to get into the program.

Thanks for your help and quick reply!
~Josh Tollefson