Topic: Alphabet

It'd be nice if the letters of the alphabet could come up on screen with shapes when baby presses a alphabet key on the computer keyboard.

Evan Evans

Re: Alphabet

Hi Evan,

I have good news for you!  Our next title is called ABC's & 123's and many of the activities function exactly like that. We've also added activities that creatively use numbers and letters in other cool ways too.

The first activitiy is called Big Letters & Numbers and functions exactly as you're requesting.  It is similar to the Big Shapes activity in the Shapes title, or the My Animal Friends activity in the My Animal Friends title.  When you press a key, a large letter or number will appear in the middle of the screen.  What appears will directly correspond with what is pressed on the keyboard - press "A" and a large "A" appears, etc.

Other activities like "The Magic Hat" have letters & numbers flying out of a magic hat on any key press, or in "A Is For Apple" each letter is associated with an object on-screen - so press "A" and you see a large A onscreen along with an Apple, press P and you get a Pig, and a voice say's "P is for Pig", etc. Half of the activities are all about letters and half of them are about numbers, like Flopsy counts up from 1 to 10 when you press a key and contorts his body into the shape of the number in "Counting With Flopsy", very funny.

All activities will function exactly the same as the other titles - press any key at all and something happens on-screen.  But all the activities are related to Letters & Numbers in this one.  It is in final production right now and will be launched at Toy Fair in NYC at the beginning of February 2007.  It will be available to the public at the beginning of March.

Subscribe to our newsletter if you'd like to be kept up-to-date on exactly when it's available.

Thanks,
Tim

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

We are excited about the Alphabet version, as well.  Did the date slip?  I have a 19 month old who is an accomplished beta tester. :-)

Please let us know.

David (and Dylan) Studley

Hi David,

We premiered the new title, ABC's & 123's at the American International Toy Fair in NYC just last week. It will be available via download on our website within two weeks (if not sooner) and will be available on CD from our website in about 2 weeks - both by 2nd week in March 2007.

It will begin shipping out to stores at the beginning of March and is currently being picked up by The Apple Store, CompUSA, OfficeMax and a bunch of online places like Amazon.com. Target will likely have the new title in stock by sometime in April.

It got a great reception at Toy Fair and I really think it turned out great. Not only do you get all of the on-screen feedback normally found by pressing any key in one of our titles, but you also get the direct feedback of hitting the "G" key, for example, and a "G" appears on screen as well.

An example would be the "Balloon Fun" activity: you press a key and it pops a balloon that's on-screen. This alone is fun, but an extra twist is that hidden inside that balloon is whatever letter or number that you've pressed on the keys. Very cool and a great way to expose your little one to letters and numbers, or use as a learning tool for an older toddler who is beginning to recognize some of them. All of the 14 activities all have similar ways of incorporating letters and numbers into the key tapping fun!

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]