Topic: Mac OS X Parental Controls

I have installed the Giggles Baby 123 and Animal Friends on our Mac OS X 10.4.9 machine (eMac), but am having trouble setting the parental controls for my daughter's account. I am able to add the 123 program to her controlled applications, but not the Animal Friends (System Preferences says I cannot add it to my list of controlled programs).  I am not sure why I cannot do this. I would rather not have an uncontrolled account on a machine where her 5-year old sister has a limited account.

Re: Mac OS X Parental Controls

Hi,

You must install the program while you're logged in to the account that you would like to have access to it. If you install the program while logged into the admin account, it will not function when you're logged in using a different limited account.

Reinstall while logged into the limited account and let me know if that solves your problem.

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Same situation here, with the same app: Animal Friends.

It won't install if the account does not have admin rights. I tried making the account non-parental controlled, installing, and then re-enabling the controls but that does not work.

I also notice that if I add MAF to an allowed app under parental controls, it does not appear in the simple My Applications list (unlike any other app I would grant permission to). If I run the full finder while in the controlled account, run the app from the full finder/Applications and then grant rights to run, it just hangs.

There is something very peculiar with Giggles that behaves unlike any other Mac app.

Last edited by barthrh (Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:18 am)

If you still have problems, try placing the program (after installation) in the Shared folder instead of the user's folder.

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]