Topic: Giggles Baby - Animals Non-Functional under Leopard

Hello,

I purchased Giggles Baby - Animals last night, and after downloading the Leopard install patch I was able to get it to install on my 1-hour-old fresh install of Mac OS X Leopard on a 1.67gHz Mac Mini.  The application seemed to work fine last night, but when I tried to run it from my son's account it wouldn't work (I later saw the separate install requirement in the forums).

I tried it from my account this morning and it too will not work now.  The application bounces in the doc for an extended period, completely pegs one of the CPUs, and then just sits there with no visible window (even though I can alt-tab to the application -- but the menu doesn't change to reflect my switch to Giggles.  Activity Monitor indicates that it's not responding, so I have to force-quit.

153     Giggles Baby - Animals (Not Responding)    Daddy-O    71.2    2    986.84 MB    3.16 GB    PowerPC

The above surprises me because apparently this application isn't a universal binary -- it's the PowerPC version, which has to run in emulation on Intel processors.

When I tried to reinstall, the AppleScript patch times out and the install doesn't complete.  In fact, the whole machine is very sluggish now, even after I killed the app.

I'd like to completely uninstall the program and try again.  Any tips on doing that?  It drops more than just the app onto the drive.

I really don't want to reformat and reinstall Leopard only to have this happen again.

Thanks,
Daddy-O

Re: Giggles Baby - Animals Non-Functional under Leopard

Hmm.  To the best of my knowledge I didn't change anything, but suddenly the reinstall process worked.  The application now works fine in both mine and my son's account.  Disregard my previous post... I'm not sure what the issue was.

Hi Daddy-O

Good to hear it worked for you when you tried again. We've been hearing of a lot of weird things happening in Leopard in many different applications, not just ours. Apple made some major adjustments "under the hood" with this new system version.

So far in our testing, everything is working well, but we do expect to hear about a few bumps in the road, as you've mentioned.

As a side note: the Giggles Leopard Install Patch that you used will actually fully uninstall any previous version of the program prior to installing, assuming it detects a valid install CD in your CD drive.

Have fun!

Tim

Have a great day!

[b]Customer Service & Support
Giggles Computer Funtime For Baby™[/b]

Now that I've successfully installed the demo version of Giggles Baby into Leopard to see how it works, how do I UNINSTALL it from this computer?

Thanks.

Hi quadling,

Just drag the Giggles - Animals Demo app file to the trash and empty the trash.

Tim

Have a great day!

Thanks.  Just curious, then, why the "installer" instead of just a drag from the .dmg file?  And then, why the special Leopard instaler?

Was anything else left around the system?

Jeff

The installer(s) have some anti-piracy steps that are performed at installation, and again each time the program is launched on your computer.

I can't comment on that any further unfortunately. Hopefully that answers your question.

Have a great day!